A day devoted to love is made infinitely sweeter when you have little loves of your own. These handmade eco-friendly valentines are super easy to make and you probably have most of the materials laying around your house.
What we love most about these plantable valentines:
- It’s a fun Valentine’s Day project to do with your kids
- It teaches them how to care for plants or veggies
- It’s a non-candy Valentine for them to gift to friends
- It’s an Eco-friendly Valentine
Pair this seed paper with a cute label designed with a Valentine pun and your littles can take them to school to pass out to friends on Valentine’s Day!
What you’ll need:
- 2-Ply Paper Towels, use recycled paper towels for an earth-friendly option
- Glue (we used Elmer’s but you can also grab an all natural glue for a more organic option)
- Mint Seeds, Rose Seeds or any other seeds your heart desires
- Ashley Rose Labels (We’re giving these cute labels away to our email subscribers, so if you want access, simply sign up below and we’ll send them straight to your inbox)
- Cut out paper towels in the shape of a heart (or circle or whatever shape you want!) Then separate the two layers.
- Put dots of glue in various spots on the paper towel cut out.
- Put a seed on each dot.
- Once the seeds are all in place, draw a line of glue around the outside of the paper towel and then lay the upper piece on top of the seed covered paper. Let them dry together.
- Print out labels, cut them out and glue them onto the homemade seed papers.
If you want to download and print these labels, you can sign-up for our email list here and we'll email them to you!